I joined Booking.com as a Data Scientist since December 2015.
I finished my Ph.D. in the Amsterdam Machine Learning Lab (led by Prof. Max Welling) at the University of Amsterdam. My advisers are Prof. Ben Kröse and Dr. Gwenn Englebienne. My research interests included Machine Learning, Computer Vision and Robotics. In particular, I focused on developing novel probabilistic graphical models for solving tasks in real life.
In 2015, I was Visiting Researcher in the EE&CS department of UC Berkeley. Before that, I received M.Sc. in Artificial Intelligence from the University of Amsterdam in 2011. As part of my graduation project, I was an Research Intern at TNO. My advisers were Dr. Henri Bouma and Prof. Marcel Worring. My research topic was to track human locations in crowded areas.
- Our journal paper “Expression-Invariant Age Estimation Using Structured Learning” was accepted by IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI), 2016
- Ph.D. thesis online: Human activity understanding for robot-assisted living [pdf]
- Our journal paper “Learning to Recognize Human Activities using Soft Labels” was accepted by IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (T-PAMI), 2016
- Our conference paper “Veto-Consensus Multiple Kernel Learning” was accepted by AAAI 2016
- Our journal paper “Latent Hierarchical Model for Activity Recognition” was accepted by IEEE Transactions on Robotics (T-RO), 2015
- Our journal paper “Extracting 3D Layout from a Single Image Using Global Image Structures” was accepted by IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (T-IP), 2015